Thursday, September 22, 2005

Salt

If there's one item that I am not confident about while cooking - its the amount of salt I have to put. Somehow, it's more complex than rocket science to me!
"How much do I put?"
"Did I put too much?"
"Will I have dinner today?"

It's a nightmare! I always end up puting less, and then compensating for it at the end. Its better than putting too much, I guess!

Imagine how embarrassing it must have been for the great scientists of the past.
Their wives probably went - "Oh sure! You can figure out exactly how much Plutonium to put in your stupid bomb - but can you get the right amount of salt in the food? And you say you're smarter? Bah!"

"But.....I'm sorry.....how much.....how do you figure this......damn!"

When you cook as a bachelor, you are very much like a sales guy - you look for volume. "What can I possibly add to this so that the amount of food increases? Water? puree? onion?" Anything so that I can extend the time for which I do not have to cook. Its all about volume. volume, volume, volume!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cooking's teaching you eh?

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe u should write a book on "The philosophies of Men while they Cook"-I'm sure Plato, Socrates, etc came up with all of it in the kitchen too! ;)

12:23 AM  
Blogger V said...

someday, i'll get rid of the need to eat :p

think abt it . no cooking, no cleaning, no bad stomach, no crapping :D

1:45 AM  
Blogger Nenlos said...

This is called The-bachelor-is-lost-and-doesnt-know-howdahell-to-cook syndrome.
Hey, but atleast u added salt to the right dish! I once made tea in a hurry and added salt to it instead of sugar. The end product wasnt so nice...
-Varsha

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home