Thursday, December 08, 2005

20 things which you could have lived without knowing!

Me's been tagged by someone who is essentially michael Jordan without any of the skills, so here goes:

1. I love quizzing. There's something magical about being able to figure out an answer (or know it) - there just is!

2. I seem to be on Earth for 2 purposes - a) To eat Sambhar b) To make Sambhar
Since I've been doing the former for around two decades, I guess it's a good time to get started about the latter

3. I have this inasane ability to get up 5 minutes before the alarm clock rings. Don't know how, but always do, no matter how little I have slept. (See, aren't you feeling that your life is fulfilled after reading this?)

4. I like SitComs - especially Seinfeld (and too many others to name here). Jerry Seinfeld is simply the best stand-up comic. period!

5. The world's greatest batsman/cricketer/leader according to me is Steve Waugh. There is no other who can come close.

6. I supported Australia throughout that test series at home in 2001. Was bitterly disappointed after the result at Calcutta.

7. I'd like to do stand - up comedy one day (when I can be assured that everyone has a healthcare plan that safeguards them against my jokes)

8. I like books with a "mythology" behind them. Which is why Potter, LOTR etc. , are my all time faves. Tend to find "enlightening" books a bit of a bore.

9. The longest I have gone without cracking a PJ is roughly 3/4th of a year. (Of course, it was before I was born)

10. I like the travel part, it's the getting there that sucks!

11. My luck with women is only exceeded by Saurav Ganguly's luck with scoring runs, if you get my drift.

12. Would like to travel the world one day.

13. According to me Northern Ireland is one of the most beautiful places on Earth!

14. India's not a country, it's a state of mind. You gotta leave the country to find that out.

15. I'd definitely like to be taller. Especially after hanging around the person who tagged me! :D

16. I will listen to pretty much any kind of music - except, probably death metal.

17. I refuse to call them Mumbai, Chennai or Kolkota. It's always gonna be Bombay, Madras and Calcutta!

18. Will never understand techies. How you can rave about a comp config is simply beyond me.

19. Love the West Indian accent maan!

20. Apparently, I can also count to twenty! :D

A-ha! Now you have attained Nirvana! I know you are in a mode of quiet reflection, feeling happy that your life has finally found meaning! :P

10 Comments:

Blogger Nenlos said...

That was very enlightening!

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree completely with #2a, #7. Lost my ability to do #3 after coming here.. understandably.

About #11... might I remind you that I was one of the first guys you ever hung out with... you had plenty of women around... remember that 10:1 pic ? ;)

#18 : somebody ought there, who admitted you on the basis of your sop, might be reading this post :p

12:27 AM  
Blogger Nenlos said...

10:1 pic?? lol! overdose at first, and none now. well-balanced, eh brat?
i never did #3. ever.
As for #8... me totally that type. fantasy, mytho, big things.

1:05 AM  
Blogger . said...

I have this inasane ability to get up 5 minutes before the alarm clock rings

And I have this insane ability to sleep through the ringing of the alarm clock, the "wake-up" yells of my mother, father and the rest of the world :D

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're too cute, Bharat..:-)

Lakshmi

2:37 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

6.'bitterly disappointed' - if that was your reaction to Calcutta, man, you sure missed out on a lot!

14.Nicely put! :)

4:20 AM  
Blogger Shy said...

very intresting....HILARIOUS ! i have slept through an earthquake and thunder forget alarm. Wonderful blog,by the way..

Shy

ps. do see my blog : www.shysblog.blogspot.com

4:48 AM  
Blogger Kag said...

Heyya Bj!
Hows u doin??
:kag

Sorry, samir here.... :)

2:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i knew most of the stuff on tht list n ive lived knowin it too...dunno how ive managed

6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i tend to do #3 as well :P
and i'm not quite catching your drift on #11 seeing as i haven't caught up with cricket since we lived in England...

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home