Monday, October 23, 2006

Chasing Orion into the Rising Sun

OK. The raison d'etre for this post is just the title. Like with
a friend, the title just popped into my head, and I had to write something about it.

It was Diwali, and I was on my way to the City of Angels on an overnight bus ride. At around 3 a.m. in the morning, nodding off at the window, I just chanced to look up at the night sky - Lo and Behold!

The constellation of Orion; each star scintillating! Resplendant! Set against the pitch blackness of the cool Californian night sky. There is something magical about travelling across the planet Earth, racing across a small strip of land in southern California, surrounded by mountains, and watching Orion and Sirius shine brightly at you through the pitch blackness, slowly sliding out of view, as the Sun prepares to rise in a few short hours....

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy has hacked into Brat's a/c

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol!!!hmm maybe....my creative inspirations may be getting to him.i didn't know orion could be seen from there too....how cool!

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

side effects of epiphanies include [insert something witty here]
actually I'm not even sure if that was an epiphany or not...
but it is nice when you get those little flashes of beauty, like photographs that stick in your mind forever.

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh by the way....i finally understand your blog "beige"-the t s eliot part!:D

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi! Update!

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A belated comment which I hope you will read. I did post when it first came, but it obviously did not go through. Well written as usual, bharat, and if chitti may add, I think resplendent is spelt with an "e".

Chitti

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home